Pages

Happy New Year 2008

2007 was an interesting year to say the least. We brought in the New Year with two sick boys. Both Jourdan and Eaan went into the hospital over Christmas vacation. Thankfully Jourdan just had a bad cold and recovered quickly. Eaan took a little longer. After high fevers, dehydration, emergency room visits, a spinal tap (ouch!), cat scans and a massive doses of antibiotics the doctors finally figured out he had a bad sinus infection. He was ok after a couple weeks but still a little drained. And of course he is completely better now. I couldn't have taken care of these boys without the help of Nana and of course Uncle Will!

Eaan started workups in February for his second deployment. *Remember he just got back in August of 06', 17 days before Jourdan was born.* I graduated in March with my Bachelors Degree from the University of Phoenix. I decided to stay in California while Eaan went on deployment. Eaan left May 3rd for his 2nd deployment. Eaan's family is so supportive. I don't think I could have made it through this deployment without them. While Eaan was gone Nana probably came out every 4 to 6 weeks and Sture and Amanda came out a couple times too.

I basically tried to keep myself busy while Eaan was gone from May until September. Jourdan and I went to the Aquarium, Sea World, the Zoo, Dana Point for whale watching, the beach (of course), Balboa Park, and many other places with friends and family. We went home to Maryland but not to Phoenix (can you say 110 degrees?) Leah and I started hiking every weekend with Jourdan in a backpack and running twice a week. Than of course Jourdan and I went to the British Virgin Islands in June and July for two weeks!

Than in August Jourdan had his first birthday! That lucky little baby had two birthday parties! One in California and one in Maryland. Eaan came home on September 11th. Than it was our turn to go to Phoenix in October and November. Actually now that I think of it, we are due for a visit again. For Christmas we went home to Maryland. It was great to see everyone. Eaan hadn't been back in 3 years.

Now that 2008 is here we are already making some good changes. Jourdan moved to a toddler bed.



Eaan got a Ford Expedition (Notice Jourdan "driving" it)



Eaan is gearing up for his 3rd deployment...yes you heard me right, 3rd. He got back in September and they are deploying him in June. The Navy seems to like deploying him 9 months after he gets back. I will probably be moving back to Maryland in June for this one. 2008 should have some surprises too. I guess you will all have to wait to find out what those are!

No comments: