Pages

Balboa Park with Friends

Balboa Park

Finally, finally, finally I have my computer back. It seemed like an eternity. Get a grip, Amanda, it was only five days. Anyway I am so happy to have my computer fixed and back in my hands. Now I can blog. Sad news, my camera is being cleaned but I should have that back on Monday. I feel like one of my appendages has been removed. Sometimes I raise my hand to my face to take a picture and realize my camera isn't there...not really. But maybe. Or not.

Onto the original purpose of this post. Balboa Park. Such a beautiful place filled with people, flowers, fountains, museums and architecture. If you are ever in San Diego, Balboa Park should definitely be on your list of places to visit.

We went to Balboa Park a couple of weeks ago to catch up with some old friends. My friend, Coral, was visiting from Maryland. We meet each other here in San Diego about 5 or 6 years ago. (Wow, has it been that long?) She got me the job at Hairspray. Her dad and step mom own the salon. When we meet, Coral was actually visiting her dad in San Diego. She lived (and still does) in Maryland, about an hour from my mom's house. Isn't that weird? But we were meant to be friends from the minute we meet. Coral's laughter is contagious. You can't help but smile from the minute you see her.

Balboa Park

I heart you and miss you bunches Coral!

Coral, Jourdan and I

Balboa Park

Amber lives here in San Diego with her dad. She is one of my best friends. When I had Jourdan I thought for sure she would be out of here. I mean, she was 19 or 20 and who wants to hang out with someone who has a kid when you are 19 years old. But she stuck around. Always watching Jourdan when I needed a break, bringing me milk and bread when I was sick, talking to me on the phone for hours when I needed a friend, listening to me endlessly talk about all things Jourdan and never, ever once making me feel like she didn't want to listen or help out. I love you extra today Amber, just because you are a great friend.

Coral, Amber and I

Balboa Park

It was great to catch up with friends and let the kids play. (By kids I mean Jourdan and Eaan) First we went to Lily Pad Pond where Jourdan was fascinated by the "sharks" otherwise known as fish. He definitely has a fascination with sharks, dolphins, whales and Orcas (as he likes to say) lately. So everything was about sharks that day in the park.

Watching the "sharks".

Balboa Park

"Mama, mama, look at the sharks!"

"They are fish, Jourdan."

"No...mama, they are sharks!"

"Ok, Jourdan, they are sharks."

Balboa Park

Deep in thought...I wonder what he is thinking about. Could it possibly be...sharks?

Balboa Park

Balboa Park

We went into the Botanical Building right next to the pond. The flowers were beautiful in there. So many different kinds.

Balboa Park

Of course, Layla was having the time of her life. I mean, there were three new people to hold her constantly and give her attention. I would be happy too.

Balboa Park

After ohhhing and ahhhing over the flowers and tearing Jourdan away from the pond we went to a fountain in between the museums. Jourdan rode his scooter around and around.

Balboa Park

Children were actually in the fountain. I can tell the wheels were turning in his little head. "How can I get in there without mama figuring it out?"

Balboa Park

We ended our day at Balboa Park by getting Jourdan a balloon animal. I will not even get into that story. Let's just say I had to wait a LONG time for that stupid balloon animal. But I promised him he could have one.

So he got...

Balboa Park

...a shark!

I know it doesn't really look like a shark.

But it was.

I promise.

No comments: